Performer applications OPEN from October 15th 2023 - January 1st 2024
Applications are FREE for BIPOC until November 1st 2023
Hello and thank you for considering to apply to the 3rd Annual Pacific Northwest Burlesque Festival in Olympia Washington held at the Kenneth J Minneart Center, the PNW Burlesque Festival is Washington state's first all-inclusive burlesque festival.
Our goal for PNWBF, from day one, has been to put our performers FIRST. we understand the cost and time commitment it takes to travel and perform, and we hope that the compensation and experience you have at the PNWBF makes you feel like your energy and time worth it!
The festival will be held on May 3rd & 4th, 2024. Olympia Washington is located approximately 60 miles south of Seattle.
Applications will be open October 15th 2022 - January 1st 10pm PST 2024
There will be 1 showcase Friday night and
Saturday Night will be the PNW Burlesque Festival Competition.
By applying to the PNW Burlesque Festival you agree to these rules:
1. Video must be submitted. Please submit video URL. You tube or Vimeo preferred. Make sure the video is not password protected and link does not expire. The video submitted must be the act you are performing at the festival in its entirety. Please don't submit act clips! They will not be reviewed. Your act may change slightly, but we expect at least 75% of the act to stay the same.
2. The act must be 5 minutes or less for solo acts, 6 minutes or less for duo/group acts.
3. If you are using props in your act, you are responsible for them. By submitting this application, you agree that PNWBF has absolved all responsibility for your props.
4. Pole acts and aerial will be considered, unfortunately no fire acts are permitted at this time. All aerial acts must provide their own rigging and pole performers must bring there own stand alone pole. Aerial performers will be required to tech their acts earlier in the day and must provide enough spans sets for a large theater.
If your act if chosen to perform at PNWBF more information will be provided.
5. Nipples and genitals must be covered at all times.
6. You must be 21+ at the time of the festival.
7. Application and payment are NOT a guarantee to perform.
8. You must be in Washington state and available by 12pm on the day you are selected to perform, for Tech rehearsal.
9. You may submit as many applications as you would like, but you must pay the application fee for each one. You can submit ONE act with a $15 fee, or TWO acts for $25
10. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Please pay your application fee with this submission $15-$25 USD ending 10pm PST on Sunday January 1st 2023. If you do not pay, or you do not pay the correct amount, your application may be forfeited.
Free submission for BIPOC ends November 1st 2023 at midnight PST.
Please pay your application fee using this link:
paypal.me/burlesquelab (if your paypal account does not match your performer name/email please let us know the name on the card when paying fee) PLEASE SELECT FRIENDS/FAMILY when paying, we will not cover the fee associated with some paypal accounts.
Performers will receive:
-$75 stipend for performance
-Complimentary Sunday brunch on May 5th
-Professional video and photos of performance
-Beverages and snacks night of show
-Thank you package from production team and sponsors
-Complimentary tickets to ALL nights of festival, and a PLUS 1 for your performance night ONLY
-Exclusive performer after-party held at local venue
-PNWBF does not provide travel or accommodations, but will help with room-shares and connecting to local performers for accommodations